Colormaker Industries is a boutique coatings manufacturer located on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. Colormaker is a sustainable manufacturing company committed to supporting the environment. Colormaker Industries is excited to announce that the installation of 356 solar panels is underway. This follows the initiative of recently converting to 100% renewable electricity.
“We’ve aimed to adopt clean energy for some years but had not been able to find a suitable provider” said David Stuart, Managing Director and owner. “One of our new staff members was able to spend the time researching the green energy market and we’ve been very pleased with the change to 100% renewables. While it had to make sense operationally, it was mainly driven by our ethos of environmental stewardship. We believe that this is something that our customers care deeply about and this initiative will help them to reduce their environmental footprint.”
The installation of extensive solar panels are expected to be completed by the end of September 2019, and once commissioned Colormaker will export surplus clean energy back to the grid. Timing is approximately 6-8 weeks until the solar installation and testing phases are completed. Over this time, we’ll be posting updates every few days to show how things are progressing.
- Here we are on Day #2 of the Solar Power installation. The measuring & marking up phase has been completed and now the L feet are going in. We had a bit of trouble with tech screws which caused some delays, so now we’re pre-drilling holes & using heavier gauge screws.
2. End of Day #2 of the Solar Installation as the sun sets on the roof of our factory.
3. Day #3 over. A lot of the rails are now in and some panels are being prepped for installation tomorrow
4. Day #4 done. Afternoon delays due to a rain squall & now high winds, with worse expected tomorrow.
5. Day #5 – A few hold ups due to high winds and bad weather.
6. Week 2, Day #8 done & dusted. There’s not a lot different to see, but if you look closely, you can see more wires & rail that has been installed this week.
7. Week 2, Day #8. Solar Panels ready and waiting to be installed.
8. Week 3, Day #13. We’re making good progress with 51 Solar Panels installed, 305 to go…
9. Week 4, (6/9/19), All 356 solar panels have been installed and are on the roof waiting to be switched on.
On Friday 27/9/19, we were honoured to have the Federal Member for Warringah, Ms Zali Steggall, OAM officially open Colormaker Industries Solar Panel Installation by cutting the ribbon and switching on the solar panels.
From now on all our paints, coatings and inks will be manufactured using power that we’ve generated from the sun ☀️ ☀️
For further information about Colormaker’s Sustainability, please visit the Sustainability page.